1. Unexplained Infertility: Introduction
2. Fertilization Failure
3. Tubal Function Abnormalities with Tubal Patency in Unexplained Infertility
4. Implantation Failure 1: Intrauterine Circumstances and Embryo–Endometrium Synchrony at Implantation
5. Implantation Failure 2: Immunomodulating Treatment for the Patients with Repeated Implantation Failures Caused by Immunological Rejection
6. Unexplained Infertility: Treatment Strategy for Unexplained Infertility
7. Unexplained Recurrent Miscarriage: Introduction
8. Previous Trial Studies of Unexplained Recurrent Miscarriage
9. Lifestyle Habits and Pregnancy Loss
10. Perturbation of Endometrial Decidualization
11. Treatment Strategy for Unexplained Recurrent Miscarriage
This book offers a highly informative guide to treating unexplained infertility and recurrent miscarriage (RM). In particular, it provides detailed treatment strategies for infertility or RM derived from uterine circumstance such as chronic endometritis and perturbation of endometrial decidualization, as well as maternal immunological rejection of an embryo as semi-allograft.
Unexplained infertility refers to those types that cannot be detected by the general screening test. The causes are sometimes detected in the course of treatment with assisted reproductive technology including IVF. However, some unexplained infertility is intractable even after intracytoplasmic sperm injection or repeated implantation of morphologically suitable embryos. Patients with unexplained RM also have a high likelihood of undetectable risk factors of miscarriage. As a result, gynecologists often repeatedly provide these couples with general treatments for infertility and miscarriage or even discontinue treatment because they cannot detect the reason, which places serious financial, physical and mental burdens on the couples affected.
This book offers gynecologists essential insights into the pathological condition of unexplained infertility and RM, equipping them to identify it, explain it to patients, and consider further examinations and more aggressive fertility treatments.
• Comprehensive guide to treatment strategies for unexplained infertility and recurrent miscarriage
• Offers recommendations on further examinations and more aggressive fertility treatments
• Written by respected experts on implantation, fertilization and pregnancy loss