KIM, H.; YOUN, K.; KIM, J.; KIM, Y.; HONG, S.; NA, J.
• Basic principles of ultrasonographic imaging
• General US anatomy of the face and neck
• US anatomy of the forehead and temple
• US anatomy of the periorbital region
• US anatomy of the midface and nose
• US anatomy of the perioral and masseter region
• US anatomy of the upper superficial cervical region
• US applications in botulinum toxin injection procedures
• US applications in filler injection procedures
• US applications in thread lifting procedures.
This is the very first book to describe the superficial anatomic structure of the face and neck by means of detailed ultrasonography (US). This superbly illustrated book will help aesthetic physicians to familiarize themselves with the US anatomy of the face and neck and to understand the applications and benefits of US when performing minimally invasive aesthetic procedures in this region. A deep understanding of anatomy is imperative if such procedures are to be safe and effective. Bearing in mind the range of potential anatomic variations, US can offer vital assistance in identifying target structures of the face beneath the skin when carrying out treatments that would otherwise be performed “blind”. In this book, readers will find detailed guidance on the use of US in the context of botulinum toxin and filler injections, threading procedures, and other minimally invasive aesthetic approaches. This is done with the aid of more than 530 US images, including cadaveric dissections and illustrations of volunteers and patients. For novices, valuable information is also provided on the basics of US imaging.