• General Considerations
• Physical Principles of Doppler and Color Doppler Ultrasound
• Advanced USG imaging
• Sonographic Anatomy and Pathology Lymph Nodes
• Extracranial Nerves
• Floor of the Mouth and Oropharynx
• Salivary Glands
• Temporomandibular Joint
• Facial Soft Tissues Inclucing Muscles
• Paranasal Sinuses and Midface
• Intraoral Inflammatory lesions and USG
• Intraoral Benign and Malignant Tumors and USG
• Interventional USG applications.
This book offers a comprehensive review of the state of the art in Ultrasonography (USG) dentomaxillofacial imaging to help radiologists and dentists in their training and daily practice.
The book examines the relationship between clinical features, diagnosis, and choice of minimally invasive technique for a range of dentomaxillofacial disorders and provides information on post-treatment therapy. Accurate interpretation of indications for treatment is the cornerstone of success in medicine, and as such, the book explains how the selection of imaging technique is closely linked to clinical and diagnostic aspects and how recognition of this relationship forms the foundation for optimal outcomes. In addition to examining the various modalities, the book highlights the role of the latest USG imaging techniques. Further, it discusses in detail the pathology, treatment, and prognosis of common and rare diseases, as well as congenital/developmental malformations in the dentomaxillofacial, an area that is often underestimated and largely ignored by dentists.
Featuring updated high-resolution images created with state-of-the-art equipment, the book introduces readers to current imaging modalities. It also includes pathological descriptions of radiologic diagnoses to help clarify the pathophysiology of the disease, while the pearls and pitfalls of image interpretation provide a quick reference guide for practitioners.
Written by leading international experts, this outstanding book is a valuable resource for both radiologists, dentists and students seeking a more in-depth appreciation of the subject and its contribution to the scientific radiology community.
• A unique book focusing on dental and dentomaxillofacial radiology applications.
• Connects radiologists and also dental specialists to the underestimated topic of intra-oral ultrasonography.
• Offers radiologists insights into dentomaxillofacial pathologies.