Liposuction is currently the number one aesthetic surgical procedure performed by plastic surgeons in the United States and Americans spend more money on liposuction than on any other aesthetic surgical procedure. Almost 500,000 cases are currently performed yearly by board certified plastic surgeons and it is estimated that at least 20% of the cases are ultrasound assisted. Current ultrasonic liposuction devices are significantly different than the previous generations and require a certain level of technical expertise in order to achieve good outcomes with the technique. Although there are chapters devoted to the technique in general body contouring textbooks, there are no current textbooks that fully cover this important technique.
The text is divided into three distinct sections for ease of use. Section I: Fundamentals will cover basic techniques and safe use of the devices for plastic surgeons looking to add ultrasound-assisted liposuction to their practice. Section II: Clinical Applications explores use of the devices for commonly performed surgeries, including facial, trunk, extremity (arm and leg), and buttock contouring as well as gynecomastia. Section III: Special Applications takes a focused look at the VASER device and its use in more complicated situations, with chapters handling silicone injection complications and contouring in a massive weight loss patient.
Featuring contributions from leaders in the field, alongside full color photos and a special introductory video, Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction serves as a reference for surgeons currently using ultrasonic techniques in liposuction and those looking to get started.
• Written by experienced plastic surgeons who've practiced the techniques for years
• Text is broken up into three distinct sections for ease of use: Fundamentals, Clinical Applications, and Special Applications
• Covers basic techniques and safe use of the devices for plastic surgeons looking to add ultrasound assisted liposuction to their practice
• Explores use of the devices for commonly performed procedures
• Offers a focused look at the VASER device and its use in more complicated situations
• Includes an introductory video