• Part I Foundation of the Body
Chapter 1 Orientation to the Human Body
Chapter 2 Chemistry of Life
Chapter 3 Cells
Chapter 4 Human Microbiome
• Part II Covering, Support, and Movement of the Body
Chapter 5 Tissues
Chapter 6 Integumentary System
Chapter 7 Bones & Bone Tissue
Chapter 8 Skeletal System
Chapter 9 Joints
Chapter 10 Muscular System
• Part III Regulation and Integration of the Body
Chapter 11 Nervous System
Chapter 12 Sense Organs
Chapter 13 Endocrine System
• Part IV Maintenance of the Body
Chapter 14 Blood
Chapter 15 Heart
Chapter 16 Vascular System
Chapter 17 Lymphatic & Immune Systems
Chapter 18 Respiratory System
Chapter 19 Urinary System
Chapter 20 Fluid, Electrolyte, & Acid-Base Balance
Chapter 21 Digestive System
Chapter 22 Nutrition & Metabolism
• Part V Continuity
Chapter 23 Reproductive Systems
Chapter 24 Pregnancy & Human Development
Chapter 25 Heredity
Appendix Answers to Test Your Knowledge Questions
How do you learn A&P best?
Whatever your learning style…by reading, listening, or doing, or a little bit of each…the 3rd Edition of this new approach to anatomy & physiology is designed just for you.
Tackle a tough subject in bite-sized pieces. A seemingly huge volume of information is organized into manageable sections to make complex concepts easy to understand and remember. You begin with an overview of the body, including its chemical and cellular structures, then progress to one-of-a-kind portrayals of each body system, grouped by function. Full-color illustrations, figures, sidebars, helpful hints, and easy-to-read descriptions make information crystal clear. Each unique page spread provides an entire unit of understanding, breaking down complex concepts into easy-to-grasp sections for today's learner.
• "Fast Facts" in each chapter contain interesting tips related to the system.
• "The Body at Work" addresses physiology of the system under discussion.
• "Life Lessons" apply A&P information to real-life situations.
• "Own the Information" exercises ask students to identify the most important points in each chapter and compare them to the learning objectives.
Ebook, testing resources, classroom & lecture planning resources, previous edition resources. Includes webinar recording, rollover guide to the book, questions & scenarios, PowerPoint slides, image banks, testbank
Interactive resources, flash cards, animations, podcast library, reference resources, audio glossary, PowerPoint slides