The Immune Response to Infection
Vaccine Additives and Excipients
The Process and Timeline to Develop a New Vaccine
Haemophilus Influenzae Type B
Varicella and Shingles
Vaccine Preventable Disease Outbreaks
Vaccine Confidence and Vaccine Hesitancy
Communicating with Parents About Vaccines.
This book is designed to provide easy-to-read and basic information about vaccines for those undertaking a vaccine course or for medical providers seeking to improve their skills. Written by expert medical educators in the areas of infectious diseases, medical microbiology, and pediatrics, this book begins by establishing the fundamentals of vaccines such as what constitutes a vaccine, how they are manufactured and composed, how they are tested for safety and efficacy, and how vaccine recommendations are developed and conveyed to health care providers and their patients. The book then explains the composition, safety profile, effectiveness, and current recommendations for use of every available vaccine, alphabetized by infection. The concluding section illuminates practical concerns every vaccinating clinician experiences, including vaccine confidence and hesitancy, misconceptions, and patient communication. Vaccines: A Clinical Overview and Practical Guide is an excellent learning tool for all students and providers administering vaccines to patients, including infectious disease specialists and other internal medicine subspecialists, pediatricians, geriatricians, as well as all other primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, physician’s assistants, and nurses.
• Uniquely designed for medical students across all medical specialties as well as practicing physicians electing for vaccine administrative courses
• The first current text design to accompany a medical courses in vaccinology and administration
• Written by vaccine experts board certified in infectious diseases and pediatrics
• Joseph Domachowske. Professor of Pediatrics. Professor of Microbiology and Immunology Department of Pediatrics SUNY Upstate Medical University. Syracuse NY 13210. USA
• Manika Suryadevara. Associate Professor of Pediatrics. Department of Pediatrics . SUNY Upstate Medical University Syracuse NY 13210. USA