• Synthesis, Metabolism, and Signaling Mechanisms of Hydrogen Sulfide: An Overview
Lanthionine and Other Relevant Sulfur Amino Acid Metabolites: Detection of Prospective Uremic Toxins in Serum by Multiple Reaction Monitoring Tandem Mass Spectrometry
• Analysis of Vascular Hydrogen Sulfide Biosynthesis
• Measurement of Protein Persulfidation: Improved Tag-Switch Method
• ProPerDP: A Protein Persulfide Detection Protocol
• Vascular Effects of H2S-Donors: Fluorimetric Detection of H2S Generation and Ion Channel Activation in Human Aortic Smooth Muscle Cells
• In Vitro Measurement of H2S-Mediated Vasoactive Responses
• In Vivo Measurement of H2S, Polysulfides, and ‘SSNO-mix’-Mediated Vasoactive Responses and Evaluation of 10 Hemodynamic Parameters from Rat Arterial Pulse Waveform
• Simultaneous Measurements of Tension and Free H2S in Mesenteric Arteries
• The Relaxant Mechanisms of Hydrogen Sulfide in Corpus Cavernosum
• Pharmacological Tools for the Study of H2S Contribution to Angiogenesis
• Central Administration of H2S Donors for Studying Cardiovascular Effects of H2S in Rats
• Colonic Delivery of H2S Donors for Studying Cardiovascular Effects of H2S in Rats
• Measurements for Sulfide-Mediated Inhibition of Myeloperoxidase Activity
• Vascular Myography to Examine Functional Responses of Isolated Blood Vessels.
This book explores techniques for exploring hydrogen sulfide (H2S) and its effects on the vascular system through numerous experimental animal models and vascular preparations. Alterations of vascular H2S generation/signaling may be involved in the pathogenesis of systemic and pulmonary arterial hypertension, ischemic heart disease, ischemic stroke, preeclampsia, and erectile dysfunction, and H2S also serves as an attractive target for pharmacotherapy of cardiovascular diseases, as well as possible effects on cancer, wound healing, and diabetic retinopathy, among other pathologies. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Vascular Effects of Hydrogen Sulfide: Methods and Protocols is an ideal aid for scientists working to extend our knowledge in this valuable and wide-ranging field of study.
• Includes cutting-edge techniques
• Provides step-by-step detail essential for reproducible results
• Contains key implementation advice from the experts