Now in its fourth edition, Vascular Ultrasound offers a compact yet comprehensive practical guide for anyone working in the field of vascular sonography.
The book is written by expert practitioners as an easily accessible reference, providing key information suited to sonographers in their day-to-day practice. It covers essential vascular investigations undertaken by ultrasound departments and vascular laboratories in more detail than general ultrasound textbooks, but without overwhelming sonographers with highly complex information that may not be relevant to them.
Here you will find essential information including the principle of ultrasound physics to enable accurate assessment of the peripheral circulation and blood flow, the use of the main scanner functions and controls, the main disorders of the arterial and venous circulation system with appropriate treatment and management, and techniques for the diagnosis and grading of disease.
• Practical and focused, with clear explanations.
• Step-by-step guide to scanning and obtaining optimal images.
• Extensive diagrams and figures to demonstrate key information with practical examples.
• Appendices and quick reference tables.
• Small and compact – easy to carry to studies, teaching sessions and clinics.
• Abigail Thrush, BSc(Physics), MSc(Medical Physics), MIPEM (member of the Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine), Medical Physicist, Bart’s, London, UK.
• Timothy Hartshorne, HND in Biology, Chief Vascular Technologist, Vascular Studies Unit, Leicester Royal Infirmary, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Leicester, UK.
• Colin Richard Deane, Clinical Scientist