Venous disorders are extremely common in clinical practice, and recent years have seen a number of changes in the treatment of these conditions.
This book covers the advances in our understanding and the management of venous disorders – both superficial and deep. It includes up-to-date reviews on the hemodynamics of venous circulation in the lower limbs, deep venous reflux, novel biomarkers in deep vein thrombosis, post thrombotic syndrome, infra-popliteal DVT, relevance of wave length in laser treatment of varicose veins, pelvic congestion syndrome, May-Thurner syndrome, nut cracker syndrome, endothermal heat-induced thrombosis, recurrent varicose veins, and venous trauma. It also discusses important topics such as one-stop vein clinics, alternatives for venous ulcer treatment, venous anatomy, therapeutic options in lymphedema, nerve damage during endovenous thermal ablation, newer oral anticoagulants, compression therapy for venous ulcer, sclerotherapy for varicose veins and thrombolysis for DVT.
Written by leading experts in their field, this book is a key resource for practicing vein physicians and surgeons, and postgraduates in surgery training programs, enabling them to incorporate the latest advances into their day-to-day practice.
• Covers the entire spectrum of advances made in the field
• Written by surgeons with expertise in each treatment modality
• Well supported with images and illustrations
• Prof. Ajay K Khanna, MS, FAMS, FACS, FICS, FACRSI, MNAMS, MBA, D.Sc, FRSTMH, FAIS, FUICC, FUWAI, FFIM, FMAS PDCR, is Professor of Surgery and Ex Head of Department of General Surgery at Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. The author has a teaching experience of more than 35 years and has been awrded with Young Outstanding Teacher and Eminent Surgical Teacher. He served as President of Varanasi Surgical Society, President of Uttar Pradesh chapter of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI), Governing Council member of ASI, Vice President of ACRSI, executive member of UP chapter of ASI, AMASI, VAI, ATVSI, IASO. He has delivered more than 15 orations: Dr. S.P. Srivastava Memorial Oncology Oration, UP Chapter of ASI; Dr. S.N. Mathur Oration of UP Chapter of ASI; Roshan Lal Subharti Oration of UP ASI; S.C. Misra memorial oration of UP Chapter ASI; Dr. A.K. Mehrotra Oration of UP ASI; T P Benerjee Symposium orator of UP ASI; Prof. P. N. Chuttani Oration of National Academy of Medical Sciences; Dr. R. Prasad Oration of Jharkhand ASI; Dr. S.P. Srivastava oration of UP IMA; SPS Memorial Oration of NIMA ; RM Tewari Oration of Jharkhand ASI; P K Sen Memorial Oration of ASI; Karnik Memorial Lecture of ICS; Khubchandani Oration of ASI (ACRSI); NL Bordia Oration of ATCVSI; PC Dubey Oration of Lucknow Surgeons Club. He received the various fellowship awards viz. Clinical Research Fellowship and Registrar at Department of Surgery, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, Wales, U.K.; Metrogyl Travelling Fellowship by Gastrointestinal Research Society; Commonwealth Scholarship; Indo-Czechoslovakian Cultural Exchange Program; Best poster award at World Congress of Collegium Internationale Chirurgiae Digestivae; Fellowship of Matsumae International Foundation , Japan; Fellow UICC International Cancer Technology Transfer Fellow¬ship, USA; Best Paper award at U.P. Chapter of Indian Society Of Gastroenterology; R M Kasliwal award of National Academy of Medical Sciences; Indo-Italian Cultural Exchange Fellowship; International Collaboration/exchange Programme of INSA, Young Outstanding Surgical teacher, UP chapter of ASI ; Eminent Surgical Teacher Award, UP ASI; Best Poster prize at 10th VAICON. His name appears in “Asia's Who's who reference book”, Marquis Who’s Who in the World, “Five Hundred Leaders of Influence”, International Directory of Distinguished Leadership, Man of the Year, American Biographical Institute, International Cultural Diploma of Honour by American Biographical Institute 2000, millennium Medal of Honour by American Biographical Institute, Member of ABIs’ Research Board of Advisors, Twentieth Century Admirable Achievers (Distinguished Who’ Who), Member of American Association for the Advancement of Science 2002, Marquis Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare 2002, Indo-Asian Who’s Who , Asian/American Who’s who, International Professional of the Year – 2005 by International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England, He is Fellow of United Writers Association, Fellow of Indian National Science Academy , Fellow of American College of Surgeons, Fellow of International College of Surgeons, Fellow of Association of Colorectal society of India, Fellow of Royal Society of Tropical Medicine, Fellow of Association of Surgeons of India, Fellow of Union Internationale Cancer controlle, Fellow of Minimal Access Surgeons of India. Prof. Khanna has delivered more than 100 CME lectures, more than 100 Guest lectures in various national and international conference in India, USA, Japan, Poland, Egypt, etc. He has more than 350 publications in various national and international journals and 50 chapters in various books to his credit. He is the editor of three books: Current Seminars in Surgery, Manual of Vascular Surgery and Ulcers of the Lower extremity. He has attended more than 200 national and international conferences and presented more than 250 presentations. He has guided more than 50 Thesis for MS Course. He is the examiner for MBBS, MS, BDS, DNB, FNB in minimal Access Surgery. He is a fellow/member of 33 societies. He is a widely traveled person and has worked in almost all the major countries of world in various well reputed Institutes. He is a devoted teacher and very active academician and is well praised by all his students. He started regularly the vascular surgery in the department of Surgery at BHU. He is the Joint Editor of Indian Journal of Surgery. He has organized more than 25 conferences and workshop. He was the Chief Inspector for Quality assurance review of the Department of clinical surgical sciences, The University of the West Indies, St Augustine campus, Trinidad and Tobago and is in the Expert Selection Committee of UPSC, Uttar Pradesh; BPKIMS, Dharan, Nepal; Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh; KGMU Lucknow; Public Service Commission, J & K ; MCI Inspector; DNB Inspector; IGIMS, Patna; PGI, Chandigarh; Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad.
• Dr. Ravul Jindal MS, DNB, FRCS, FAMS, FIVS
Dr. Ravul Jindal is presently working as a Director Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Fortis Hospital, Mohali. He is working in the field of surgery from last 21 years and is with Fortis since 12 years. His areas of expertise include peripheral arterial and venous interventions.
Dr. Ravul Jindal completed his MBBS from Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sewagram and MS in General Surgery from PGIMER, Chandigarh. He acquired a Diplomat in National Board in General surgery from New Delhi. After completing his senior residency at PGIMER, Chandigarh, he went on to do his Fellowship in Vascular Surgery at St Mary’s Hospital, London, UK. He also completed his FRCS from Royal College of surgeons of Edinburgh. St Mary’s hospital is world renowned for vascular surgery and is affiliated to Imperial College. Penicillin was discovered by Alexander Fleming in this hospital.
Dr. Jindal is actively involved in the National vascular bodies and is a Life member of Vascular Society of India and President of Venous Association of India. He is also an Executive Member of International Compression Club (ICC) and Council Member of L'Union Internationale de Phlebologie (UIP)
He has vast experience in open and endovascular surgeries, with expertise in endovascular management of aortic aneurysms, revascularization in diabetic foot and varicose veins. His special interests are in the Laser treatment of varicose veins where patients are treated as a day care without any surgical incisions. He popularized the treatment of Diabetic foot, Endovascular treatment of aortic aneurysms and Laser ablation of varicose veins in this part of the world. He also introduced the MOCA Technique (Mechanico Chemical Ablation of the Varicose Veins) and Glue Closure Technique to treat Varicose Vein first time in the country which are non thermal ways to manage the varicose veins.
Dr. Jindal is involved in research, presentation of papers at National and International meets and has a number of publications to his credit. He has written more than 10 book chapters as the first author in International books in the field of vascular surgery and is credited with more than 30 publications in various International journals.