Veterinary Clinical Parasitology, Ninth Edition, prepared under the auspices of the American Association of Veterinary Parasitologists (AAVP), emphasizes the morphologic identification of both internal and external parasites of domestic animals. Focusing on the tests and information most relevant to daily practice, the book describes accurate, cost-effective techniques for diagnosing parasitic infections in animals. Including clear, easy-to-find information on the distribution, life cycle, and importance of each parasite, Veterinary Clinical Parasitology offers more than 450 images to aid with diagnosis.
The Ninth Edition includes new material on the benefits and limitations of different test modalities as they apply to parasites. Coverage of reptiles, birds, and other exotic and laboratory animal species has been expanded. The new ‘Diagnostic Challenges’ section provides support for situations where identification of parasites is particularly difficult. Veterinary Clinical Parasitology is a highly practical bench-side reference invaluable to clinicians, technicians, and students.
• Acts as a picture-matching guide to aid in identifying parasites of domestic animals
• Expanded coverage of reptiles, birds and other exotic and laboratory animal host species, and a greater variety of parasite species
• More information on the benefits and limitations of different test modalities as they apply to parasites
• New chapter on drugs used to treat parasite infections
• Provides a practical, useful resource for learning the techniques used in diagnosing parasites
• Prepared under the auspices of the American Association of Veterinary Parasitologists (AAVP)
• Includes a companion website offering the images from the book electronically