1. What is marketing and where should investments be made?
2. Positioning of a practice
4. Brand design
5. Market study and practice viability
6. Marketing in the waiting room
7. Design of a marketing campaign
8. Quality survey: what to ask and what for
9. Client retention
10. How to and why sell food products
11. Inbound marketing for veterinary practices
12. Getting to know our clients 13. Value proposition
14. Customer experience
• HUMAN RESOURCES
15. How to be a leader
16. Team building
17. Personnel retention
18. Job descriptions
20. Employee appraisal
21. Design of job offers
22. Job interview
23. Incentives and cross-selling
• PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
24. The Toyota production system
25. Protocols in the veterinary practice
27. Technology use in the modern practice
28. Personnel management and work schedule improvement
29. Creation of information sheets
30. Process improvement
31. Management software
• FINANCIAL ANALYSES
32. Target-based incentives
33. Simple tools to assess success
34. What is a business plan
35. Controlling expenses
36. Establishing business objectives
37. Pricing strategy
38. Financial analysis and types of financing
The second edition of this book presents veterinary professionals with practical solutions to specific situations they may encounter due to new tendencies influencing the sector. The author gives clear, straightforward, and yet dynamic explanations of topics such as market research, how to form a team and retain staff, business plans and protocols, or how to control expenditure. The book has also been updated with the know-how required to get the most out of the new technologies and digital tools now available to veterinary practices (social media, digital marketing, etc.). The book aims to introduce veterinary professionals who own a practice to the management skills that can empower them to become cutting-edge veterinary entrepreneurs..
• A must-have book for veterinary entrepreneurs who are going to set up their own practice.
• Includes basic knowledge on how to use the new technologies and digital tools now available to veterinary practices.
• Contains real-life examples to help vets tackle the situations they routinely encounter in their practices.
• Covers topics such as marketing, human resources, financial management, and process improvement.
• Full of up-to-date content presented in a concise, visually appealing format.
IGNACIO MÉRIDA ISLA. Degree in Veterinary Medicine, MBA, and CertAVP. Founder and director of Assis VBA