• Section I Reconstructing the Cornea
1 Limbal Stem Cell Transplantation "Evolution and Techniques"
2 Penetrating Keratoplasty
3 Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty
4 Descemet's Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty
5 Corneal Endothelial Reconstruction: Current and Future Approaches
6 Pre-Descemet's Endothelial Keratoplasty
8 Patch Grafts
• Section II Reconstructing the Iris
9 Single-Pass Four-Throw Pupilloplasty
10 Iridodialysis Repair
11 Iris Cerclage: 360 Degree Running Pupil Margin Suture
12 Aniridia Intraocular Lenses
13 Iris Prosthesis Implantation
14 Cosmetic Iris Implant Complication and Management
15 Pinhole Pupilloplasty
• Section III Reconstructing Aqueous Drainage
16 Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery and Valves
17 Single-Pass Four-Throw Pupilloplasty for Angle Closure Glaucoma
• Section IV Reconstructing the Lens
18 Jacob Paper Clip Capsule Stabilizer
19 Double-Needle Iris/Intraocular Lens Fixation
20 Glued Intrascleral Fixation of Intraocular Lens
21 Flanged Intrascleral Intraocular Lens Fixation with Double-Needle Technique
22 Iris Claw Lens
23 Purkinje Images for Tracking Pseudophacodonesis
24 Reconstructing the Posterior Capsular Barrier
• Section V Miscellaneous
25 Anterior Segment Repair and Reconstruction in Traumatic Cases
26 Phacocele and Pseudophacocele
27 Trocar Anterior Chamber Maintainer
The quintessential video atlas on anterior segment surgery from world-renowned pioneer and international experts!
Disorders of the anterior segment are a leading cause of ocular morbidity. As a result of structural abnormalities associated with trauma, degeneration, developmental disorders, or iatrogenic causes, reconstruction is required. Significant breakthroughs have been made in anterior segment reconstructive approaches, including the use of stem cells, selective tissue transplant, glued lenses, and advanced suturing techniques. Video Atlas of Anterior Segment Repair and Reconstruction: Managing Challenges in Cornea, Glaucoma, and Lens Surgery by renowned ophthalmic surgery pioneers Amar Agarwal, Priya Narang, and international contributors is the most comprehensive resource available to date on anterior segment surgery, reflecting cutting-edge innovations.
Five sections and 27 chapters organized by ocular anatomy provide in-depth coverage on reconstructive techniques of the cornea, iris, aqueous drainage, and lens. The book and videos describe and highlight diverse state-of-the-art anterior segment surgery procedures, including limbal cell transplantation, keratoplasty, pupilloplasty, and intraocular lens implantation in deficient capsules. Clinical pearls throughout the concise text provide invaluable insights on surgical nuances and managing potential complications.
• Current and future cornea approaches including corneal endothelial reconstruction, pre-Descemet's endothelial keratoplasty, and keratoprosthesis
• Innovative iris techniques such as single-pass 4-throw pupilloplasty, iridodialysis repair, intraocular lens surgery, and complications and management of cosmetic iris implants
• Disease-related eye surgery including minimally invasive glaucoma surgery and intraocular lens fixation with double-needle technique
• 38 high-quality videos by the masters mirror live teaching sessions, providing greater understanding of a diverse spectrum of surgical approaches
This is a must-have reference for ophthalmology residents and practicing ophthalmologists, researchers, and cataract and glaucoma specialists. The high-quality surgical videos and insightful text also provide a robust classroom teaching tool.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.