This book presents up-to-date, practically oriented information on major topics in chronic hepatitis B. The coverage encompasses epidemiology; diagnosis, including molecular methods; treatment and challenges; and the management of co-infections. Readers will also find guidance on the invasive and non-invasive assessment of fibrosis in HBV infection and the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HBV. Management of chronic hepatitis B in children is considered separately, and emerging drugs that hold promise for the treatment of chronic HBV infection are discussed. Chronic Hepatitis B will be of high value for general practitioners and specialists in gastroenterology, infectious diseases, and internal medicine. It will be international in scope in terms of both authorship and appeal.
• Provides up-to-date information on epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment, and management of co-infections in chronic hepatitis B
• Features comprehensive and consistent coverage of topics
• International in scope in terms of both authorship and appeal
• Resat Ozaras, MD, Professor is in Infectious Diseases Department of Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul University, Turkey. He studies acute hepatitis and chronic hepatitis of B, C, and D. He is a member of Viral Hepatitis Study Group of European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID).
• Veysel Tahan, MD, FACP, FACG, FEBSGH, is an Associate Professor who is currently a clinical faculty at the University of Missouri, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Columbia, Missouri, USA. He is an American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) mentor and a fellow of ACG, the American College of Physicians (ACP), and the European Section and Board of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. Dr. Tahan is an active member of multiple scientific societies, including the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, the Cell Transplant Society, the American Gastroenterology Association, the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, the European Board of Gastroenterology, and the Turkish Society of Gastroenterology.