For more than 40 years, West’s Respiratory Physiology: The Essentials has remained a critical resource for medical and allied health students learning the basics of respiratory physiology as well as an effective, quick review for residents and fellows in pulmonary medicine, critical care, anesthesiology, and internal medicine as they prepare for licensing and other exams. The eleventh edition incorporates updates in many areas including blood-tissue gas exchange, mechanics, control of ventilation and the respiratory system under stress; all designed to aid clear understanding of pulmonary physiology.
• Clinical vignettes with questions emphasize how the physiology described can be applied to clinical situations, reinforcing reasoning and critical thinking.
• More than 100 USMLE-style multiple-choice questions with full explanations test reasoning skills for comprehension and exam preparation.
• Additional learning objectives and chapter-opening content added to every chapter to improve understanding of key topics.
• Appendices include important equations, answers to the multiple-choice questions, and discussions of the answers to the end-of-chapter clinical vignettes.
• Online resources include animations that expand on and clarify challenging topics and an interactive question bank to allow self-testing and exam review.
• eBook available for purchase. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and more.