A foundational book for use from the classroom to fieldwork and throughout practice, Willard & Spackman’s Occupational Therapy, 14th Edition, remains the must-have resource for the Occupational Therapy profession. This cornerstone of OT and OTA education offers students a practical, comprehensive overview of the many theories and facets of OT care, while its status as one of the top texts informing the NBCOT certification exam makes it an essential volume for new practitioners.
Reflecting the latest OT frameworks and packed with diverse, first-person narratives that offer a unique perspective on the lives of those living with disease, this updated 14th Edition helps today’s students and clinicians develop the knowledge and skills they need to apply a client-centered, evidence-based, and culturally relevant approach across the full spectrum of practice settings.
• NEW! Chapters on Telehealth and Emerging Theories, including the Kawa Method, familiarize students with rapidly growing areas of OT practice.
• NEW! Focus on systemic racism in OT practice empowers students with a holistic understanding of diversity, inclusion, and unconscious bias.
• The most comprehensive approach to occupational therapy available summarizes the full breadth and scope of the field and clarifies complex information.
• Case Studies provide valuable problem-solving practice in dealing with clients, practice issues, and managing OT services and staff.
• UPDATED! Videos reinforce key OT practices in vivid detail and clarity.