1. General Anatomy
2. Ocular Structure Change and Specific Feature When Encountered with Trauma and Pearls
3. Visual Function Examination
4. Physical Examination
5. Imaging Examination
6. Epidemiology of Ocular Trauma
7. The Registration System of Ocular Trauma
This book aimed to provide the most thorough knowledge of ocular anatomy related to trauma and standard ocular examinations to clinical practitioners, such as the nurses, medical students, residents, fellows and even ophthalmologists, to help them making the most appropriate decision on the management of patients who have suffered from such ocular conditions. A thorough understanding of the anatomy of the eyeball and the traumatic characteristics of each structure of the eyeball are a prerequisite for proper interpretation of long-term outcomes of mechanical eye injuries.
The first part provides the audiences general information of ocular anatomy, which will help them understand the basic anatomic knowledge and generate a clinical thinking. The following part provides the detailed examinations. They will help readers to make the right diagnose and offer the best advice or treatment to the patients. For each chapter, detailed clinical workup, clinical presentations and signs, and pictures or illustrative figures will be provided. Part 3 will benefit more medical coworkers to be familiar with the registration system of ocular trauma and its social and medical meaning. This will also help the advances of epidemiology and proper treatment approaches for ocular trauma. Hopefully this book may help the clinical practitioners to be fully prepared for any challenge of ocular traumatic cases.
• Introduces anatomy, examinations, and symptoms of ocular trauma
• Presents an anatomy-based and practical book about ocular trauma
• Contributed by the most well-known doctors and professors who provide the most advanced understanding of ocular anatomy and examinations for ocular trauma
Hua Yan is a professor and chairman at the Department of Ophthalmology and the president of Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, China. He is also the president of China Ocular Trauma Society and vice president of Asian Pacific Ophthalmic Trauma Society.