The most comprehensive set of quality guidelines available to the pharmacy profession. More than half a century ago, ASHP® developed its earliest proposed practice standard–the Proposed Minimum Standards for Pharmacies in Hospitals. Today, ASHP continues to foster concrete improvements in pharmacy practice and in the therapeutic use of drugs with its annual compilation of ASHP guidance documents: ASHP Best Practices. These guidance documents have stimulated improvements in pharmacy practice and operations, influenced accreditation standards, laws, and regulations (both in the United States and in other countries), and contributed to an awareness among consumers and policymakers of the vital patient care role of pharmacists.
• ASHP positions and more than 80 ASHP guidance documents of varying scope that provide ongoing advice to practitioners and health systems to help improve the medicationuse process, patient care and safety, and patient outcomes and quality of life.
• ASHP Statements
• ASHP Guidelines
• Technical Assistance Bulletins
• Therapeutic Position Statements
• Therapeutic Guidelines
• ASHP-Endorsed Documents Substantial content has been added or revised since the release of the 2018-2019 edition.
New or revised material in this edition includes:
• ASHP Guidelines on Pharmacy Services in Solid Organ Transplantation
• ASHP Guidelines on Perioperative Pharmacy Services
• ASHP Statement on the Role of the Medication Safety Leader