The most popular teaching text on laboratory data for pharmacy students and go-to reference for pharmacists in therapeutic practice.
Now in its seventh edition, Basic Skills has been expanded and updated to cover new drugs, research, and therapeutic approaches. Written by 40 established clinicians and pharmacy faculty members and reviewed by additional experts, it is designed to make all information clear and quickly accessible. Minicases provide clinical scenarios for using tests and managing patients, and quickview charts throughout offer clear interpretations of lab results.
The indispensable guide to interpreting clinical laboratory data.
New to this edition:
• A new chapter on nutrition support
• Significant updates to all chapters
• Expanded chapters on Pharmacogenomics and Cardiology
• Additional section on Infectious Diseases covering Bacteria, and Fungi, Viruses and Mycobacteria
• Learning points conclude each chapter and highlight key concepts about the laboratory tests
• 25 chapters divided into three sections: Basic Concepts and Test Interpretations; System Disorders and Diagnostic Tests; and Tests for Special Populations
Complex but critical skills are required for clinical pharmacists to effectively use lab data in screening for or diagnosing diseases and in monitoring the safety and effectiveness of treatment. As the only book of its kind specifically written for pharmacists by pharmacists, Basic Skills makes it easier to make accurate and critical decisions based on laboratory data.