The leading physiology review on the market, BRS Physiology, 8th Edition, delivers a concise, highly efficient review of all essential physiology concepts students encounter in the first and second year of medical school, as well as more than 350 clinical vignette-style, multiple-choice questions to help them prepare for course exams and practice for the USMLE Step 1.
This bestselling title in the Board Review Series is preferred by students for its comprehensive yet efficient approach to exam prep and trusted by instructors for author Linda S. Costanzo's masterful approach, communicating complex physiology concepts in an accessible manner. Extensively updated and incorporating abundant illustrations, flow charts, tables, and a comprehensive practice exam, this 8th Edition equips today's students with the unparalleled preparation and confidence to excel on exams and beyond.
• Study efficiently with a concise outline format that makes essential information easy to review at a glance.
• Prepare for course and board exams with topical chapter questions and a 100-question Comprehensive Exam, accompanied by complete answers, rationales, and cross-references for efficient remediation.
• More than 260 multiple-choice questions in chapter exams test students' understanding of chapter content; detailed explanations provide an additional learning tool.
• Build long-term retention with more than 120 full-color illustrations and charts that clarify complex information, as well as 50 detailed tables.
• Reference essential information conveniently with appendices on Key Physiology Topics for the USMLE Step 1, Key Physiology Equations for the USMLE Step I, and Normal Blood Values.
• Create connections between physiology knowledge and clinical medicine with new Clinical Correlation boxes.