• Section 1: Anatomy and Physiology of Swallowing
1. General Principles of Swallowing
2. Oral Cavity
5. Anatomy and Physiology of the Upper Esophageal Sphincter
• Section 2: Assessment of Swallowing
7. Physical Examination
11. Barium Esophagram
• Section 3: Treatment of Dysphagia
13. General Principles
14. Neurologic Dysphagia
15. Chemoradiation-Induced Dysphagia
16. Epiglottic Dysfunction
17. Cervical Osteophytes
18. Glottic Insufficiency
19. Cricopharyngeal Achalasia
20. Zenker’s Diverticulum
21. Dysphagia After Laryngectomy
22. Esophageal Dysphagia
23. Eosinophilic Esophagitis
24. Swallowing Therapy
25. Future Directions in Dysphagia Treatment
Get a quick, expert overview of the many aspects of the evaluation and management of dysphagia from a team of experts in the field, led by otolaryngologists Drs. Dinesh K. Chhetri at UCLA’s David Geffen School of Medicine and Karuna Dewan at Stanford University. This practical resource presents a focused summary of today’s current knowledge on anatomy and physiology of swallowing, assessment of swallowing, and treatment of dysphagia. It’s an easy-to-read, one-stop resource for staying up to date in this high-demand area.
• Features up-to-date information on assessment of swallowing, including the physical exam, FEES, TNE, MBSS, Barium Esophagram, and HRM.
• Offers current coverage of dysphagia treatment, including Neurologic Dysphagia; Chemoradiation-induced Dysphagia; Epiglottic Dysfunction; Cervical Osteophytes; Glottic Insufficiency; Cricopharyngeal Achalasia; Zenker’s Diverticulum; Dysphagia After Laryngectomy; Esophageal Dysphagia; Eosinophilic Esophagitis; and Swallowing Therapy.
• Discusses future directions in dysphagia treatment.
• Consolidates today’s available information on this timely topic into one convenient resource.
• Dinesh Chhetri, MD, Associate Professor-in-Residence, Department of Head and Neck Surgery; Director, UCLA Swallowing Disorders Program; Co-Director, Laryngology (Voice) program, UCLA, Los Angeles, California.
• Karuna Dewan, MD, Assistant Professor, Med Center Line, Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery Divisions, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California