1. Mechanisms of Disease, Diagnosis, and Treatment
2. Developmental, Congenital, and Childhood Diseases and Disorders
3. Immunologic Diseases and Conditions
4. Diseases and Conditions of the Endocrine System
5. Diseases and Disorders of the Eye and Ear
6. Diseases and Conditions of the Integumentary System
7. Diseases and Conditions of the Musculoskeletal System
8. Diseases and Conditions of the Digestive System
9. Disease and Conditions of the Respiratory System
10. Diseases and Conditions of the Circulatory System
11. Diseases and Conditions of the Urinary System
12. Diseases and Conditions of the Reproductive System
13. Neurologic Diseases and Conditions
14. Mental Disorders
15. Disorders and Conditions Resulting from Trauma
Appendix A: Common Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests
Appendix B: Pharmacology
Enhance your patient care with a basic knowledge of pathology and disease! Essentials of Human Diseases and Conditions, 7th Edition is an invaluable handbook for healthcare providers in any healthcare setting. It profiles hundreds of diseases and disorders in a way that is easy to understand and easy to use, following the progression of a patient’s experience from signs and symptoms to screening, diagnosis, treatment options, and patient education. This edition adds new coverage of the opioid crisis, cancer treatment, and other emerging issues. From noted educators Margaret Schell Frazier and Tracie Fuqua, this reference prepares you for success in the classroom, on board exams, and as a medical assistant or health professional.
• More than 500 vibrant illustrations and detailed photos clarify difficult concepts and depict medical conditions.
• Critical thinking and real-life application is promoted through Challenge scenarios with questions, Critical Thinking questions (in the print book and on the Evolve website), and Enrichment boxes.
• Student workbook includes a wealth of exercises to reinforce your understanding of important concepts from the text. Available separately.
• ICD-10 codes with each disease are included for practice in locating the appropriate insurance codes.
• Clear, approachable writing style makes it easier to learn and understand the material.
• Alert boxes provide clinical tips, including safety precautions and best practices.
• Concise, consistent monograph-style presentation describes hundreds of medical diseases and conditions.
New To This Edition:
• NEW content keeps you current with the latest in cancer treatment, mental health, grief, suicide, HPV, contraception, aging, memory care, the opioid crisis, and more.
• NEW clinical photos and updated illustrations show concepts, processes, and medical conditions.
• UPDATED case studies provide additional opportunities to apply concepts to the clinical setting.
• EXPANDED focus on A&P and medical terminology makes learning easier for beginning students.
• NEW chapter quiz questions prepare you for success on classroom and credentialing exams.
Margaret Schell Frazier, RN, CMA, BS, Formerly-Department Chair, Health and Human Services Division, Program Chair, Medical Assisting Program, Ivy Tech State College, Fort Wayne, IN