1. Mechanisms of Disease, Diagnosis, and Treatment
2. Developmental, Congenital, and Childhood Diseases and Disorders
3. Immunologic Diseases and Conditions
4. Diseases and Conditions of the Endocrine System
5. Diseases and Disorders of the Eye and Ear
6. Diseases and Conditions of the Integumentary System
7. Diseases and Conditions of the Musculoskeletal System
8. Diseases and Conditions of the Digestive System
9. Disease and Conditions of the Respiratory System
10. Diseases and Conditions of the Circulatory System
11. Diseases and Conditions of the Urinary System
12. Diseases and Conditions of the Reproductive System
13. Neurologic Diseases and Conditions
14. Mental Disorders
15. Disorders and Conditions Resulting from Trauma
Reinforce your understanding of the pathology concepts described in Essentials of Human Diseases and Conditions, 7th Edition! With chapters corresponding to the chapters in the textbook, this workbook provides hands-on review and practice with anatomy labeling activities, vocabulary exercises, scenarios for patient screening and teaching, and more. This complete review will prepare you for success on classroom and certification exams, and help you apply your knowledge to the clinical setting.
• Correlation with Essentials of Human Diseases and Conditions, 7th Edition matches workbook chapters to the corresponding chapters in the textbook.
• Short-answer and fill-in-the-blank questions test your comprehension and foster critical thinking.
• Exercises with word definitions and glossary terms provide a review of medical terminology and build your vocabulary.
• Case scenarios focus on patient screening and patient education to demonstrate real-life application.
• Labeling exercises reinforce your knowledge of anatomical structures and disease processes.
• Clear, approachable style of review makes it easier to study, comprehend, and master pathology essentials
New To This Edition:
• NEW review content includes the latest in cancer treatment, mental health, grief, suicide, HPV, contraception, aging, memory care, the opioid crisis, and more.
• REVISED scenarios provide more opportunities to apply concepts to the clinical setting.
• EXPANDED focus on A&P and medical terminology makes learning easier for beginning students.
• EXPANDED certification review includes more multiple-choice questions and testing practice to prepare you for success on classroom and credentialing exams.
Margaret Schell Frazier, RN, CMA, BS, Formerly-Department Chair, Health and Human Services Division, Program Chair, Medical Assisting Program, Ivy Tech State College, Fort Wayne, IN