Binder-Ready Edition: This loose-leaf copy of the full text is a convenient, accessible, and customizable alternative to the bound book. With this binder-ready edition, you can personalize the text to match your unique study needs! Get the pharmacology guidance proven to help aspiring nurses succeed on the NCLEX® and later as a professional nurse. Using a streamlined prototype approach, an emphasis on nursing care, plus a wealth of other trademark features, Pharmacology: A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach, 10th Edition makes it easy for you to really understand pharmacology. Prototype drug charts summarize the need-to-know information about key drugs, including dosage, side effects, interactions, and more. Images of current drug package labels reinforce your understanding of text content using relevant, true-to-life learning. Bulleted nursing process summaries relate nursing care to drug therapy in addition to highlighting patient teaching, patient safety, and relevant cultural content. Finally, the unique and thorough drug calculations section features math review as well as step-by-step instructions for drug calculations using the four general methods of dosage calculation. All in all, this text has all the tools you need to better understand the complicated subject of pharmacology.
• UNIQUE! Prototype drug charts provide easy access to key information for
representative drugs, including dosages, contraindications, drug-lab-food
interactions, pharmacokinetics, and more.
• UNIQUE! Extensive chapter on drug calculations presents six methods of
dosage calculation, providing a helpful review and supplement to a dosage
• UNIQUE! Nursing process summaries highlight important nursing
considerations within the framework of the nursing process.
• Consistent RN-standard chapter pedagogy includes online learning
resources on the companion Evolve website, objectives, and an outline.
• Critical thinking case studies challenge you to apply your knowledge and
analytical skills to realistic patient scenarios. Answer guidelines are
provided on the Evolve website.
• Application-level NCLEX® study questions include at least one alternateformat question included per chapter.
• Chapter on safety and quality discusses medication errors, specific nursing
measures to promote safety, National Patient Safety Goals, and many other
safety issues and concerns.
• Prioritization coverage throughout the text helps you learn to prioritize
nursing care and differentiate need-to-know from nice-to-know content.
• Linda E. McCuistion, PhD, MSN, NCLEX® Live Review Presenter, Mandeville, Louisiana.
• Kathleen Vuljoin DiMaggio, RN, MSN, Professor Emerita, University of Holy Cross New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana.
• Mary B. Winton, PhD, RN, ACANP-BC, Assistant Professor, Tarleton State University, Stephenville, Texas.
• Jennifer J. Yeager, PhD, RN, APRN, Assistant Professor, Tarleton State University, Stephenville, Texas