Gain a solid understanding of pharmacology and make it a part of patient-centered nursing care! Pharmacology: A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach, 11th Edition makes it easy to learn the principles of pharmacology and drug dosage calculation. A clear guide to pharmacotherapy and safe drug administration, this book uses drug prototypes to provide need-to-know information about key drugs, including dosage, side effects, interactions, and more. Nursing Process summaries enhance your skills in clinical judgment and patient care. Written by a team of nursing experts led by Linda McCuistion, this text provides the pharmacology knowledge you need to succeed on the NCLEX® and as a professional nurse.
• UNIQUE! Prototype Drug charts provide easy access to key information for representative drugs, including dosages, side effects, interactions, contraindications, pharmacokinetics, and more.
• UNIQUE! Extensive Drug Calculations chapter features a math review as well as step-by-step instructions for frequently used methods of dosage calculation.
• UNIQUE! Nursing Process summaries highlight important nursing considerations related to drug therapy and emphasize patient teaching, patient safety, and relevant cultural content.
• Critical Thinking case studies challenge you to apply your knowledge and analytical skills to realistic patient scenarios, and include answer guidelines on Evolve.
• Learning features include chapter outlines and objectives, review questions, and learning resources on the Evolve website.
• Application-level NCLEX® study questions include at least one alternate-style question per chapter, preparing you for the growing pharmacology coverage on the NCLEX Examination.
• Safety and Quality chapter discusses medication errors, specific nursing measures to promote safety, National Patient Safety Goals, and other safety issues and concerns.
• Prioritization coverage helps you learn to prioritize nursing care by listing nursing interventions in the order of priority, and a smaller font size differentiates between need-to-know and nice-to-know content.
New To This Edition:
• NEW! Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) examination-style case studies familiarize you to the way that content will be tested in the new NGN exam.
• NEW! Updated and clinically relevant drug content includes the latest drugs and drug therapies, and removes drugs no longer being used.
• NEW! Updated Nursing Process summary boxes in each chapter include the Clinical Judgment Model steps along with the nursing process.
• Linda E. McCuistion, PhD, MSN, NCLEX® Live Review Presenter, Mandeville, Louisiana.
• Kathleen Vuljoin DiMaggio, RN, MSN, Professor Emerita, University of Holy Cross New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana.
• Mary B. Winton, PhD, RN, ACANP-BC, Assistant Professor, Tarleton State University, Stephenville, Texas.
• Jennifer J. Yeager, PhD, RN, APRN , Assistant Professor,Director of the Graduate Nursing Program and RN-BSN Liaison,Tarleton State University, Member of The Texas A&M University System,Stephenville, Texas.