• Describes polyphenol modulation of blood flow and oxygenation as a potential mechanism of protection against vascular atherosclerosis
• Describes how polyphenols and antioxidants frequently change immune defenses and actions
• Focuses on the most important areas of research and provides insights into their relationships and translational opportunities
• Ronald Ross Watson, Professor, Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health and School of Medicine, Arizona Health Sciences Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA.
• Victor R. Preedy, Faculty of Life Sciences and Medicine, King's College London, UK.
• Sherma Zibadi, MD, Postdoctoral Research Associate of Public Health, Department of Pathology, University of South Florida Medical School, Tampa, USA