1. Thyroid Disease During Pregnancy
2. Hashimoto’s Disease
3. Hürthle Cell Lesions of the Thyroid
4. Solitary Thyroid Nodule
5. Retrosternal Goiter
6. Thyroid Cancer
7. Recurrent Thyroid Disease
8. Thyroidectomy Techniques
9. Post-Thyroidectomy Hypocalcemia
10. Thyroid Auto-Transplantation
This volume presents and analyses the ongoing arguments, controversies, challenges and debates on thyroid disease with a view to clarifying some uncertainties, and to making suggestions that will help resolve others.
Issues such as thyroid disease during pregnancy, Hashimoto’s disease, Hurthle cell lesions, solitary thyroid nodules, retrosternal goiter, thyroid cancer, recurrent thyroid disease, thyroidectomy techniques, post-thyroidectomy hypocalcemia, and thyroid auto-transplantation are thoroughly explored.
Richly illustrated, the book offers an invaluable tool for all specialists and trainees entrusted with the care of patients suffering from thyroid disease.
• Discusses various thyroid gland-related topics, focusing on debates, challenges and controversies concerning diagnosis and treatment
• Features a reader-friendly structure with a wealth of illustrations and tables for quick reference
• Broadens readers’ understanding of several key thyroid gland disorders
Mahmoud Sakr, MD, PhD, FACS, graduated in 1981 and completed his Master Degree (MS) and doctorate degree (PhD) in Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria University, Egypt. He had his fellowship in Surgery and Organ Transplantation at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania, USA. He is currently a Professor of Surgery, Head, Neck and Endocrinology Unit, Alexandria University, Egypt. He published 23 surgical books as well as 121 articles in esteemed journals and has been serving as an editorial board member of repute in many international journals.