• What Is Trocar Surgery?
• Equipment for Surgery of Anterior Segment
• Setup and Basics About Trocar Surgery
• Basics of Anterior Vitrectomy
• Check List for Trocar-Based Surgeries of Anterior Segment
• The Surgical Technique of Insertion of Trocar Cannulas
• The Surgical Technique of Anterior Vitrectomy from Pars Plana
• Surgical Management of Dislocated Cortical Fragments
• Surgical Management of Posterior Capsular Opacification from Pars Plana
• Surgical Management of Positive Vitreous Pressure (PVP) During Cataract Surgery
• Surgical Management of a Dropping Nucleus
• Surgical Management of a Posterior Capsular Rent (PCR)
• Surgical Technique of IOL Implantation in Eyes with Posterior Capsular Rent
• Surgical Management of Zonular Lysis
• Surgical Management of Anterior Dislocated IOL with Retropupillar Artisan Implantation
• Surgical Management of Vitreous Prolapse Secondary to Ocular Trauma
• Introduction and Possible Indications for Trocar Surgery of Posterior Segment
• Equipment for Trocar Surgery of Posterior Segment
• Surgical Management of a Dropping and Dropped Nucleus
• Posterior Dislocated IOL
• Scleral Fixation of a 3-Piece IOL
• Small Incision Cataract Surgery (SICS = Modified ECCE)
• Pars Plana Vitrectomy Step-by-Step
This book describes how trocar cannulas can be utilized by cataract surgeons in the treatment of complications of cataract injuries. Cataract is still the first cause of blindness in the world, and as such, complications inevitably occur during and after surgery. Trocar surgery has the potential to revolutionize anterior segment surgery, demonstrated here as an easy-to-use technique for conquering the pars plana region. This book describes the simple technique of trocar surgery utilizing trocar cannulas with clear and precise diagrams and video content, making it easy to learn and implement for cataract surgeons.
Trocar Surgery for Cataract Surgeons systematically details how trocar surgery can be used to expand the surgical spectrum for cataract surgeons and provide the basis for novel surgical techniques in the field.
The videos of this book are available at the Springer Link website.
• Novel technique for anterior segment surgery
• Technique immensely expands the surgical spectrum of cataract surgeons
• Well-illustrated and contains video content, making it easy to follow
Ulrich Spandau, MD, PhD studied medicine at the University of Würzburg in Germany before completing residencies in the Departments of Ophthalmology at the University of Heidelberg and the University of Mannheim-Heidelberg. He undertook further surgical training at the Eye Clinic, Koblenz and became an accredited specialist in ophthalmology in 2003. In 2004 Dr. Spandau was appointed Oberarzt (consultant) in the Department of Ophthalmology, University of Mannheim-Heidelberg, and he subsequently became Vice Director of the department. He completed his PhD and received his venia legendi in 2005. In 2008 Dr. Spandau became Consultant and Head of Surgery at the Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital of Uppsala, Sweden. He has been an associate professor since 2013. He presents works at many national and international conferences, has published 52 papers in indexed, peer-reviewed journals and is co-editor of several previous Springer books, including Practical Handbook for Small-Gauge Vitrectomy (2018).