1. What Is Trocar Surgery?
2. Equipment for Surgery of Anterior Segment
3. Setup and Basics About Trocar Surgery
4. Basics of Anterior Vitrectomy
6. Check List for Trocar-Based Surgeries of Anterior Segment
7. The Surgical Technique of Insertion of Trocar Cannulas
8. The Surgical Technique of Anterior Vitrectomy from Pars Plana
9. Surgical Management of Dislocated Cortical Fragments
10. Surgical Management of Posterior Capsular Opacification from Pars Plana
11. Surgical Management of Positive Vitreous Pressure (PVP) During Cataract Surgery
12. Surgical Management of a Dropping Nucleus
13. Surgical Management of a Posterior Capsular Rent (PCR)
14. Surgical Technique of IOL Implantation in Eyes with Posterior Capsular Rent
15. Surgical Management of Zonular Lysis
16. Surgical Management of Anterior Dislocated IOL with Retropupillar Artisan Implantation
17. Surgical Management of Vitreous Prolapse Secondary to Ocular Trauma
18. Introduction and Possible Indications for Trocar Surgery of Posterior Segment
19. Equipment for Trocar Surgery of Posterior Segment
20. Surgical Management of a Dropping and Dropped Nucleus
21. Posterior Dislocated IOL
22. Scleral Fixation of a 3-Piece IOL
23. Small Incision Cataract Surgery (SICS = Modified ECCE)
24. Pars Plana Vitrectomy Step-by-Step
This book describes how trocar cannulas can be utilized by cataract surgeons in the treatment of complications of cataract injuries. Cataract is still the first cause of blindness in the world, and as such, complications inevitably occur during and after surgery. Trocar surgery has the potential to revolutionize anterior segment surgery, demonstrated here as an easy-to-use technique for conquering the pars plana region. This book describes the simple technique of trocar surgery utilizing trocar cannulas with clear and precise diagrams and video content, making it easy to learn and implement for cataract surgeons.
Trocar Surgery for Cataract Surgeons systematically details how trocar surgery can be used to expand the surgical spectrum for cataract surgeons and provide the basis for novel surgical techniques in the field.
The videos of this book are available at the Springer Link website.
• Novel technique for anterior segment surgery
• Technique immensely expands the surgical spectrum of cataract surgeons
• Well-illustrated and contains video content, making it easy to follow