Published annually and currently in its 21th edition, Coding for Pediatrics is the signature publication in a comprehensive suite of coding products offered by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). This AAP exclusive complements standard coding manuals with pediatric-specific documentation and billing solutions for pediatricians, nurse practitioners, administration staff, and pediatric coders.
This year’s edition has been fully updated and revised to include all changes to the 2016 Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®), complete with accompanying guidelines for their application. The numerous clinical vignettes and examples featured in the book, as well as the many coding pearls included throughout, have also been fully revised and revisited.
Coding for Pediatrics, 2016 continues to provide guidance on ICD-10-CM transition including coding tips highlighting key conventions and documentation elements to support specific and accurate ICD-10-CM code selection.
Other updates for this edition include
- Detailed information on new and revised CPT® codes for 2016 including
- Prolonged clinical staff time
- Removal of impacted cerumen with irrigation or lavage
- Revision of photo-screening services
- New chapter on enhanced quality and pay for performance
- Expanded coding resources including articles for the AAP Pediatric Coding Newsletter, coding fact sheets, sample appeal letter, denial tracking tool, and more.
- All clinical vignettes presented with corresponding ICD-10-CM codes. Some included with valuable quality measure.
- Online access to many additional practice resources
Table of Contents
New and Revised CPT® Codes for 2016
Diagnosis Coding: ICD-10-CM
Modifiers and Coding Edits
Evaluation and Management Documentation (E/M) and Coding Guidelines: Incident-To, PATH Guidelines, and Scope of Practice Laws
Evaluation and Management Services in the Office, Outpatient, Home, or Nursing Facility Setting
Perinatal Counseling and Care of the Neonate
Noncritical Hospital Evaluation and Management Services
Emergency Department Services
Critical Care and Intensive Care
Evolving Evaluation and Management for Nonphysician Services
Common Procedures and Non-E/M Medical Services
Coding for Quality and Performance MeasuresPreventing Fraud and Abuse: Compliance, Audits, and Paybacks
The Business of Medicine: From Clean Claims to Correct Payment and Emerging Payment Methodologies