Completely revised and updated, the second edition of this best-selling pediatric sports medicine resource provides step-by-step demonstrations of the examination and evaluation techniques for common sports injuries.
The book includes more than 100 images, plus 2+ hours of video covering physical examination keys, when to order radiographs, CT scans, and MRIs; treatment plan development; case-based coverage of common injuries, including ankle and foot, knee and lower leg, shoulder, wrist and elbow, hip and spine, and concussions and preventive strategies.
This all encompassing resource allows you to:
• Walk through case studies that highlight the issues most commonly seen at specific stages of development.
• View examinations and tests that can help you identify the extent and location of injury.
• See demonstrations of preventive strengthening exercises.
• Use proven approaches to diagnosing and managing sports injuries to improve your practice.
• Learn which test results to obtain and when.
• All chapters fully reviewed and updated
• New chapter on Trends in Prevention of Sports Injury in the Young Athlete
• 5 new sport-specific chapters
- Baseball and softball
- Collision sports (football, hockey, lacrosse, and rugby)
• Overview of the sport(s)
• Overview of the sport history and demographic information in young athletes
• Cases-based scenarios that highlight the major issues in the sport
• Suggestions on how pediatric health professionals can ensure the safest sport experience in the sport.